Friday 29 January 2010

Initial Ideas

After reading through a lot of Aesop's Fables I have narrowed the options down to a few that I could turn into an animation using 3DS Max.



The first is the story of the Fox and the Mask. The hidden meaning in this story is "Outside show is a poor substitute for inner worth". The main issue with animating this story is working out a way to create a theatre environment, the setting for the story. This would be extremely time consuming to create and so I will need to find a way to adapt the story to be able to create it in the time frame I have.


Another option is to animate the classic story of the Hare and the Tortoise. The moral of this story is "Plodding wins the race". This would be simpler to create as the modelling aspect focuses on the two characters and so there are not many props to create. Although simpler I have focused on creating animals last semester and so I would like to do something a little different in this one.


The final fable I am considering is the Fox and the Grapes. This story would be easier to animate as there are only a couple of objects to create and animate, allowing me more time to work on the animation aspect. the moral of this story is "It is easy to despise what you can not get."


No comments:

Post a Comment